Are you ready to put a bit of kitsch in the kitchen? Grab yourself a coconut shell bowl and let me take you by the hand to Club Tropicana! Panama hat and cocktail umbrella optional.
Pina Colada Ice Cream Ingredients
125 ml pineapple juice (from a carton)
80 ml Malibu (or supermarket brand white coconut rum)
2 tsp lime juice
100g icing sugar
500ml double cream
75g toasted shredded coconut and grated lime zest (to garnish)
1. Pour the pineapple juice and Malibu into a large bowl, and add the lime juice.
2. Add the icing sugar and whisk to dissolve.
3. Pour in the double cream.
3. Using an electric hand whisk or a food mixer with a whisk attachment, whip the pina colada cream until soft peaks form.
4. Taste to see if you need an extra splosh of the Malibu or a squeeze more lime juice (and remember it won’t be as strong when frozen), then spoon and smooth into a freezer container.
5. Freeze until firm.
Serve in my organic coconut shell bowls, sprinkled with toasted shredded coconut and lime zest.
Share your Club Tropicana moment with me on Instagram @brambleandfoxshopuk using the hashtag #brambleandfox.